WHAT DOES THE BMS PTSA DO?
- Hosts events like Picnic on the Green (Parent and Child Lunch), Viking Night (Family Fun Night and Silent Auction), the All Grade Dance, the 8th Grade Dance, and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Helps fund equipment needed, such as the active learning center known as Viking Village.
- Provides grants to teachers to pursue innovative projects that would not otherwise be funded.
- Helps fund social and emotional programs on campus for students, like PBIS.
- Helps fund assemblies.
WHAT DOES JOINING MEAN?
- You support the programs mentioned above by paying $10.
- You have the right to vote for board members.
- You can attend monthly board meetings but are not required to do so.
- You will have the opportunity to volunteer for PTSA programs and activities if you desire. Note that most volunteer opportunities do not require fingerprinting and TB testing like at the elementary schools.
WHY JOIN PTSA?
1) It Will Keep You Involved In and Informed About Your Child’s Education
- Being active in PTSA is the best way to stay involved on campus & knowledgeable about events.
- It also provides direct interaction with staff and teachers.
2) You Will Be Contributing to Valuable Programs, Activities, and Equipment That Enhance Your Child’s Education